A. Who we are
Image One Camera & Video ("Image One Camera & Video") is the largest photo, video store in California. The business operates a retail store at 10495 Magnolia Ave. Riverside, CA. 92505, along with their main website (www.imageonecamera.com).
Image One Camera & Video is a "Data Controller", a legal term which means we make decisions regarding how and why we collect and use your Personal Data. As the "Data Controller" we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes for which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data protection laws. We are also responsible for ensuring that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as "Data Processors", also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
You may also write to us at the following address:
Image One Camera & Video
10495 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA. 92505
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the Image One Camera & Video Website Terms and Conditions.
C. Purpose of this policy
This Policy covers Image One Camera & Video and its affiliated Partners. It explains the Legal Basis that Image One Camera & Video has in processing your Personal Data, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about "Personal Data", we are referring to any information that relates to you; such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc.
When we talk about the Image One Camera & Video Platform we mean the Image One Camera & Video websites, www.imageonecamera.com and the Image One Camera & Video mobile application.
For specific information about Privacy Shield, See Section L below.
D. The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in a community board discussion chat, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
- Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Name, telephone number, email address, mailing address, billing and other information used to process an order and send you the items you purchased. If needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates) can be provided as well.
- You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, community discussions, and chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- You may provide us with your name and contact information when you register for an event on our website or in our store.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Note: Image One Camera & Video does not collect credit card or other financial information from you; that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion, for some international customers Image One Camera & Video will require bank account information.
- When selling a used item to Image One Camera & Video, it is required that Image One Camera & Video collect a copy of a valid government issued ID.
NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including pictures of them, their name, their e-mail address, etc., on our social media Platforms, e-views and comments on our websites, you must do so only if you have that person's consent to provide us with that information. You should direct them to this policy, so that they are informed about how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information.
- Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
- Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
- For more information about our use of these technologies, and how to control them, see section on Cookies (Section I).
- Personal Information we collect from third parties
On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as trade shows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and, rarely, mailing addresses.
- Linking to External Websites
E. Your personal data rights
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
- Right to be informed: You have a right to know how and what Personal Data we collect from you and what we use it for. You will find that information in this policy.
- Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the Personal Data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
- Right to object applies to the processing of your Personal Data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
- Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your Personal Data, for instance where you believe your Personal Data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
- Right to Erasure: The right to have your Personal Data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten", enables you to request the deletion or removal of Personal Data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use. Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the Personal Data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your Personal Data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete Personal Data completed in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your Personal Data for your own purposes across different services; to move/copy or transfer your Personal Data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision, and you may be able to challenge that decision.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.
To make a data privacy related request, please call toll free 951-977-8811 or send an email to email@example.com
F. California Personal Data rights
Under the California Consumer Protection Act, California residents have the following data rights:
- Right to request deletion of personal information: You have the right to request that we delete any personal information we have collected about you provided we do not need to retain the information for legitimate business or legal reasons. To request that your information be deleted from our system, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the request has been received, you may be asked to provide additional identifying information for verification purposes before your request can be accommodated.
- Right to opt-out of the sale of personal information: Image One Camera & Video does not sell customer information to third parties.
- Right to non-discrimination for the exercise of your privacy rights: Image One Camera & Video respects and values the privacy rights of our consumers, and we do not discriminate against customers who exercise their privacy rights under California law or any other law.
- Authorized Agent: As a California consumer, you have the right to have someone else make requests for you under the CCPA.
To make a data privacy related request, please call toll free 951-977-8811 or send an email to email@example.com
G. Legal basis for collecting and processing data
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we would like to inform our customers about the legal reasons why we collect your Personal and Sensitive information. We collect and process your Personal Information for a range of different business and legal purposes. The following is detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
- Processing necessary to fulfill a sales order/contract and provision of services
We use your Personal Information to fulfill sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on the Image One Camera & Video Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access to different functionalities, and a better experience.
- To complete business transactions and fulfill orders (online or in our store), including providing your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking requirements.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
- To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
- To provide you with services related to the warranty of your purchase, usually provided through our warranty partners or sometimes directly from the manufacturer of your purchased product.
- To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices.
- To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our Platform and review us as a company.
- To update, confirm and inform you about events you may have registered for, held in our stores, event spaces or virtually on our websites.
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
- Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, including:
- To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations.
- To comply with all legal proceedings.
- To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights.
- To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings.
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises.
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
- Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your Personal Data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
- Improving our services; for example, reviewing information associated with non-functioning pages or links, so that we can fix them and give you a frustration free experience on our Platform.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities on our Platform.
- Contact you view email, push notifications on your browser and mobile app and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
- Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns; for example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign.
- To serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online, in our superstore and through our catalogs to improve your overall shopping experience; for example, analyzing browsing behavior to create a better navigation menu so that you need less clicks to get to your product of choice.
- Contact you by email, telephone or SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as push notifications etc., regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including Platform security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our Platform and other social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
- To measure the performance of our customer service associates.
- To verify product and customer experience reviews left on the Image One Camera & Video website to provide a truthful assessment of our services and merchandise.
- For the internal management and audit of business operations and financials.
- We use CCTV monitoring in our physical locations including our Superstore to prevent criminal activity and protect you, our customer.
- Processing based on Consent
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message and push notifications on your browser and through our mobile application.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our Platform.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites, including our advertisements and those of third parties.
- Send you our industry leading catalogs and other printed mailings.
- Allow select partners to profile your activities on our Platform so that you can have a better experience on our, their and other third party websites.
- Host educational, demonstrations and other events in out event spaces, store and online on our website.
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience.
H. How and when you can withdraw consent
Data Subjects who are residents and nationals of EEU region are covered by GDPR, and can withdraw consent from Image One Camera & Video at any time.
- Email Marketing
For email marketing and communications, please visit our Email preferences page in your email profile which can be accessed from the 'My Account' menu on the top of any page on our Platform. You can also unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of any of our emails to you.
- Catalog Mailing Lists
To withdraw consent for catalog mailing, please visit the 'Unsubscribe from Catalog Mailing list" page, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt out by unchecking the appropriate cookies on our Cookie preferences page. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your Personal Information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your consent.
Please note that you can disable all cookies from your browser settings. However, our websites require cookies to function and disabling all cookies will limit functionality of the site, including actions like adding products to a cart, etc.
At this time only customers accessing our Platform from EEU regions and from Canada can withdraw consent.
- Push Notifications
You can configure settings for Push Notifications in your web browser settings for the websites and on the application settings for the mobile app.
You can also contact us directly at email@example.com should you have a question or need more information.
I. Image One Camera & Video cookies
- What is a Cookie
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly. They do not damage your computer and are never used to store your sensitive Personal Information.
The purpose of using cookies is to improve your web browsing experience, enhance site security, and for marketing and promotional purposes. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences (like preferred language and country), estimate patterns of use, and provide improved search results. We also collect certain technical information from your computer, like your IP address and the address of a referring website, if any. This information will allow us to enhance our site to match your preferences. This information is used only for the benefit of Image One Camera & Video, our authorized Partners and you, our customer.
- Types of Cookies on our Platform
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our site. These are constantly changing while we monitor and upgrade our site.
- First Party Cookies: These Cookies are set exclusively by us. We use both session and persistent Cookies.
- Third Party Cookies: These Cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sit out on our Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. These cookies collect data about your activities while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party's datasets. They can be used to serve advertising to you on our Platform and other websites.
We do not permit any third-party content on our Platform with the exception of our authorized service providers. If you have a concern about our, or our authorized third-party service providers Personal Data collection, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purposes for our Cookies:
- Essential Website Operations: these technologies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available on our Platform, and to use its features such as adding products to a cart, form submissions, video playback, etc. Turning these off would result in limited functionality being available on our Platform.
- Performance and Functionality: these technologies are used to enhance the functionality of our Platform but are not critical to their use. We recommend you use them, since that would give you the best experience of our Platform.
- Analytics: these Cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used and to help us improve our Platform and provide you with a better experience.
- Advertising: these are technologies which help us make advertising messages more relevant to you. They collect behavioral information about your activities on our Platform and perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously appearing, ensuring ads are properly displayed and, in some cases, relevant to your interests. These cookies may be used to serve ads for our products or products of third parties on our, or third party websites.
- Managing your Cookie consent and preferences
J. Relationships and Sharing Information
Image One Camera & Video maintains special relationships with a select number of authorized business partners. For your security or benefit, we may share information about you and your transactions with other companies for many reasons, including verification, fraud prevention, government policy compliance, order fulfillment and warranty purposes. We also may be required to disclose an individual's Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
With your consent, Image One Camera & Video shares your information with our marketing partners who serve advertising, send emails and push notifications, and distribute catalogs on our behalf.
For more information about the companies with whom Image One Camera & Video shares customer information, please contact us using the details at the top of this policy.
K. International Transfers of Information
While Image One Camera & Video has global reach offering products through our website, we do not transfer or store Personal Information across geographical borders, unless it is requested by you, required for the fulfillment of a sale, the provision of services, or requested by a governing authority.
L. Privacy Shield Frameworks
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Image One Camera & Video is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, EU and Swiss individuals have the right to obtain our confirmation of whether we maintain personal information relating to you in the United States. Upon request, we will provide you with access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may also correct, amend, or delete the personal information we hold about you. An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data transferred to the United States under Privacy Shield, should direct their query to email@example.com. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
We will also provide an individual opt-out or opt-in choice before we share your data with third parties other than our agents, or before we use it for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized. To request to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image One Camera & Video's accountability for personal data that it receives in the United States under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party is described in the Privacy Shield Principles. In particular, Image One Camera & Video remains responsible and liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if third-party agents that it engages to process the personal data on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Image One Camera & Video proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Image One Camera & Video commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the United States pursuant to Privacy Shield. European Union and Swiss individuals with Privacy Shield inquiries or complaints should first contact Image One Camera & Video at:
Image One Camera & Video.
10495 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside CA. 92505
Image One Camera & Video has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your Privacy Shield complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See Privacy Shield Annex 1 at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction .